Thursday 9 December 2010

Research and planning: making the dress for the wind up doll










This is one of the costumes for the 'puppet.' We put it together as they are similar colours and look really quirky. We added flowers to the pockets and onto the left side of the dress. I feel it looks really good and looks especially good on Sam. I think with the finished extravagant hair make up we plan to do, it will look really effective.

We bought the dress and some netting from a charity shop for £6. We knew we wanted to dress to poof out at the bottom so I cut the dress to knee length on the model and then pinned netting underneath it. I then got lots of different shades of materials to create a petal shape across the bottom. Once I had done this I cut out loads of flowers from vintage style material and sewed them across the top. I then sewed buttons onto them to make it look a bit obscure and quirky.









This is the finished design of the dress for the wind up doll. The only thing left to do is give it to Carlie to fix the key onto the back of it. It will look really effective with the hair and make up.
Our other puppet, will be using a clown costume bought off the internet. It is really extravagent and will look amazing with the harajuku make up we plan to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment