Sunday 28 November 2010

Research and Planning: Costume design

Puppet 1 (Sam)

To make this this dress we will need to buy a dress from a charity shop and then sew flowers, or similar creatures onto the top of the dress and alone the straps. We would also put netting underneath it to make the bottom poof out.



Wind up doll

I really
like this photo, it is inspiration for our 'wind up doll' costume idea. I feel this type of dress would suit the actor playing the wind up doll and also suit the style of the video, it looks vintage and quirky but glamorous at the same time.


The costume for our video will be difficult to create, I have drawn out what I want the finished actor to look like with sketches of the materials we will need. My friend has a degree in theatre make up and is very talented at making costumes. She said she will help me to create the costume.








I have looked on the internet at various charity shops such as Oxfam. Here are the different dresses I have found for cheap prices. We can customize the dresses, for example we can put netting underneath the dress to make the bottom of it more poofy. I really like this dress (shown below) because I think it would be really easy to customize and cutting the back to insert the cardbourd key would be simple with the shape of the dress. It is £15.50 so I will look for a lower priced dress, but otherwise I feel this is a bargain and we can do so many things to make it look good.











1 comment: